Buy your brewing supplies here

We now have a range of base and specialty malts for sale. A catalog and new website is coming soon. Let us know what you need and we will sell it to you or special order it for you. Please bear with us during this initial stage and we will have the full service shop available in no time.

Monday, June 18, 2012

I guess it is Spring (another out of date draft posting)

This past trip around the sun was a strange one.  The one little bit of snow that fell, actually happened when we were out of town.  Thus it really was a winter-less year for us.  It didn't really even get that cold, at least that I noticed much.  I remarked to a farmer-colleague the other day that we may be evolving to a Sonoma-plus humidity climate.  Our growing season is already fairly long and this winter was even shorter.  That being said, however, there is a freeze warning for the next couple of days.  I bet the fruit growers are a bit nervous right now because I think most have already pruned, despite the calendar.

I finally broke down and purchased a 3-point rotary tiller.  Those of you following the blog may remember that I debated at long length on the question of tillage implements.  I am actually glad to have the turning plow for sod areas, but the tiller really does a nice job.  I used it to put the barley in and I will report on that operation later.

No comments:

Post a Comment