We made a family affair out of picking the first row. This row matured more quickly, probably because it was the first in the ground, the first to be trellised, the first to get irrigation, etc. Every one did a good job picking and it went fairly quickly.
Since we had a small harvest this year we decided to take a simple approach at drying. Genoa and I assembled a couple of screens for drying the hops. We set up an area in the air conditioned house for drying them. We had a fan to force air through the hops and relied on the lower humidity in the house (~25%at the time) to drive the moisture out of the hops. They dried beautifully and most of them held together quite well. While they dried just fine, I can already see that we will need something significantly more significant next year. I have some fancy plans in my head to turn our old brick silo into a solar oaster with gas backup for cloudy days.
I then used 1 oz of freshly dried Windy Hill Cascades for an aroma hops for the last 15 minutes of the boil and another 1 oz for dry hopping when I racked to a secondary a week latter. I will report on how it turned out in a week or so.